Saturday, February 27, 2010

Leg #9 Goose Bay to Narsasuaq

The flight from Goose Bay was the longest leg, yet. At 674 nautical miles it took 9 hours and 8 minutes from Canada to Greenland. First sight of land put me well south of Narsasuaq, which was a bit disconcerting. I was also a tad low on fuel and worried about how much is actually usable in the Super Cruiser. I had a little extra in a 2-gallon emergency plastic gas can. I found a smooth patch of semi-grassy yet mostly-gravelly bit of terrain near a small, long lake and set her down. After I added the extra gas I took a little nap. When I woke up the winds had picked up a little, and there was a fine dust all over me and the plane. It was sort of grey-green and almost seemed volcanic, but soft at the same time. The last little bit to Narsasuaq was, thankfully, only 25 minutes of flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment