Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Leg #16 Brussels to Paris



On to Paris! Started the day in Brussels with a southwest departure at 1411Z under broken layers at 1600 and 4000 feet. As I left EBBR I could see jets departing the airport and turn to the south. The clouds thinned out a little enroute and I managed to level off at 2500 feet. My course strategy was simple, just as in other legs, just tune in the destination VOR, fly a rhumbline direct, and then follow the closest radial all the way in.




After about 15 minutes I encountered a light rain, which was intermittent for the next half hour. The ceeiling was higher now. After about an hour the ride became a little bumpy as I flew over the Parc naturel Regional de l'Avenois.




LFPG ATIS indicated they were landing west, and when I called tower I was told to enter a right base for runway 27Rm, and then after an Airbus went missed I was cleared to land. Burned 77 gallons of fuel. Flight time was 1 hour 32 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment